PINK: A Cancer WellFit Program for Women Completing Treatment for Breast Cancer
In September 2006, Piedmont Hospital launched PINK, a 12-week program that offers daily exercise opportunities, nutritional workshops and individual nutritional consultations as well as stress reduction through guided imagery and yoga classes. PINK is offered by Cancer Wellness at Piedmont through collaboration through the Health and Fitness Club and the Cancer Wellness programs. Cancer Wellness at Piedmont offers comprehensive wellness services to anyone affected by cancer free of charge.
The PINK program is designed to pamper, support and restore, while the patient returns to the basics of good nutrition, exercise and a sense of wellbeing. Classes are tailored to meet the special needs of those with breast cancer. Program participation is open to women currently undergoing treatment and up to 8 months post treatment. All participants are required to have a release to exercise from their oncologist and to make a 12-week commitment.
- Gentle yoga
- Nutrition workshops and cooking demos at the wellness cafe
- Individual nutrition consultation with nutritionist shayna komar, rd, ld
- Exercise groups with cancer wellfit
- Individual consultation with exercise physiologist at health and fitness club
- Individual coaching/counseling with licensed clinical social worker
- Stress reduction group with guided imagery
- Lymphedema education workshops
At the close of session 5 (ending 4/18) over 100 women will have participated in PINK. We have collected results through rotterdam and sf-12v2. We are currently re-evaluating other standardized scales in conjuction with research efforts.
For more information visit www.piedmontcancerconnection.