Cardiovascular Research at Piedmont Healthcare offers a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient research activities. The comprehensive nature of the program significantly enhances the department’s primary objective of offering cutting-edge treatment, diversification of investigational therapies and diagnostic techniques, and advanced technologies in a community setting in a responsible and professional way. The program has several initiatives under way, including:
- A robust investigator-initiated clinical trials program in imaging and diagnostic techniques.
- Individualized, comprehensive, predictive and preventive services including advanced genetics, genomics, cholesterol metabolism and imaging.
- An arrhythmia research program that has received national recognition for excellence.
- A genomics blood bank that is the foundation for research on the molecular and genetic expressions in cardiovascular disease.
- Expanded community access to National Institutes of Health studies.
- A prolific peripheral vascular research program.
The growth of research throughout the healthcare industry and at Piedmont Healthcare highlights the value of research infrastructures such as PHRI. The Institute’s effort to foster research activities across medical disciplines is playing a vital role in shepherding new technologies and therapeutic treatments.